Dysmenorrhea, menstural cramps, period pain..whatever you may call it, the pain it causes is excruciating. It’s part of being a woman. You feel a throbbing pain in the lower abdomen and at your back.
While others can still continue with their everyday activities during this period, for some, it is a major concern especially when it disrupts their routine.
Menstrual cramps occur when the uterine muscles contract during menstruation, thus causing pain. These are usually felt before the menstruation begins and lasts for 1-3 days.
So how do you alleviate the pain of dysmenorrhea? Here are 7 EFFECTIVE and FAST Home Remedies for MENSTRUAL CRAMPS:
1. Drink soya milk daily
2. Eat tofu or taho everyday
- Any physical activity can stretch your muscle and ease the cramps. Plus, it helps release endorphin that curbs the prostaglandins.
4. Avoid caffeinated drinks and salty foods during menstruation
- According to livestrong, caffeine acts as vasoconstrictor which aggravates menstrual pain. Likewise, salt worsens the dysmenorrhea
5. Ginger tea
- Grate a small ginger
- Boil it in water for 5 minutes
- Mix a tablespoon of honey and lemon/calamansi juice
- Drink 3x a day
6. Eat 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
7. Eat papaya
- This fruit naturally contains calcium, iron, carotene, plus vitamins A and C that helps ease muscle cramps.