A body which is alkaline is less prone to chronic inflammation, which is the main cause of a number of diseases.
If the body is acidic it extracts minerals from important bones and organs to neutralize the acid and then eliminate it from the body. As a consequence, the mineral reserves of the body, like magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium can become quite low and can cause damage which can go unnoticed for a number of years till its levels become unhealthy, thus causing acidosis.
This is the reason there is an increase in osteoporosis cases. The bones literally get leached off the critical minerals which are necessary for their protection.
The number of people who are consuming foods which are acidic is quite big. Such foods are dairy products, grains, meats, refined sugar and soy. Also, highly acids foods are GMO foods, sugar replacements, highly processed foods, alcohol and coffee.
The body is always generating acid waste products from the metabolism. However, those waste products must be neutralized and eliminated in one way or another. If we want to neutralize the acid, we need to consume more alkaline foods. Mild acidosis can cause the following 20 health issues:
- Chronic cough
- Excess phlegm/mucus
- Chronic fatigue
- Chest pain
- Sinus issues
- Neurological conditions like dementia Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Cardiovascular damage which can increase the risk of a stroke and a heart attack
- Kidney and bladder infections
- Immune deficiency
- Reduced mental clarity
- Skin problems such as rashes, acne, eczema and all types of dermatitis
- Stomach problems like excess gas, acid reflux, indigestion and bloating
- Yeast infections and candida
- Obesity and weight gain
- Stiff neck and sciatica
- Aching muscles and joint pain
- Sensitive gums and cavities
Is the Body Able to Adjust Its pH on Its Own?
Yes, the body is amazing and it balances the pH levels on its own. However, this comes with a price.
For instance, when the body becomes too acidic, it extracts alkaline forming elements from the small intestine, thus making the environment for proper digestion less than perfect.
This is why consumption of highly acidic foods can lead to a number of disorders and diseases. The body has to steal from one organ to give to another, thus preventing proper function.
Improve Your Alkalinity in This Way
You need to make certain changes to your diet and your lifestyle. You can lower your acidity by doing the following things:
- Consume plenty of water, and if it is possible drink alkaline one
- Check your pH levels on a regular basis
- Eliminate acidic foods
- Add smoothies and green juices to your diet
- Eat a large green salad instead of a traditional lunch
- Avoid the consumption of processed foods
- Use almond or coconut milk instead of dairy milk
- Avoid coffee, sugar and sodas. Instead, drink green drinks, herbal coffee and herbal tea.
- Take care of your emotional state. Jealousy, resentment, fear and anger are going to have an effect on the pH levels of your body. Try yoga and meditation, since they are excellent for preventing stress.